July 13 – 14, 2018 ~Mount Carleton Star Party
In 2017 this event was cancelled due to poor forecast. We’re hoping for better skies in 2018, as this is one of the best star gazing sites in Canada, if not North America.
Mount Carleton Provincial Park
Star Party near Site 44, Armstrong Campground
Parks New Brunswick~ Mt. Carleton Campground Reservations
RASC.NB~ Registration and Schedule to be announced
Facebook Event~ will post when available
Above~ Photo by Paul Owen of the 2015 Mount Carleton Star Party.
Some facts about Mount Carleton Provincial Park~
- Incredible 174 sq km (42,000 acres) of pristine wilderness
- Contains the highest peak in the Maritimes, Mount Carleton
- Four main mountain peaks and several large freshwater lakes
- Excellent canoeing and kayaking on lakes and two rivers
- 88+ campsites, group camping, cabins and chalets available
- Canadian portion of the International Appalachian Trail passes through
- Some of the most varied and interesting hiking in North America with 11 hiking trails ranging from wheelchair to strenuous
- Known as “One for the Bucket List,” “A True Wilderness Park,” “The Algonquin of New Brunswick,” among outdoor enthusiasts
- A Dark Sky Preserve, among the darkest skies in Canada
Maps (click to view)~
Mount Carleton Star Party 2018 Information~
If you do not have a telescope~ Just show up, or book your camping weekend if you want to be at the campground during the Stargaze.
Activities will take place near Site 44, Armstrong Campground.
Location~ Near Site 44, Armstrong Campground
RASC.NB~ Will post when available
Facebook Event~ Will post when available
General Park Information~
Mount Carleton Brochure
Telephone: (Toll-free)~ 1-800-561-0123, (Office)~ 506-235-0793
Address: Mount Carleton Provincial Park, 7612 Route 385,
Saint-Quentin, New Brunswick, Canada, E8A 1N4
Email~ Mount Carleton Provincial Park
Parks New Brunswick Website Tourism New Brunswick Website
More Info~ HikingNB Trails Lists Trip Advisor
Facebook Friends of Mount Carleton on Facebook
Friends of Mount Carleton Website Mount Carleton Trails Map.pdf
Rates: $10 – $90 Cash only due to remote location
Notes: Cell reception is spotty. Gates close @8pm. If you are arriving late, phone ahead to 506-235-0793 to see if someone can meet you at the gate. Because of its remote location, this is a park where it pays to check out all the information. Arrive with full tank of gas, extra clothing, food & supplies. Read the Brochure, visit Friends of Mount Carleton, etc.
Dates: Open May 14 to October 15 for camping