September 15-17, 2017~Fundy Park StarGaze
Some facts about Fundy National Park~
- One of the most spectacular parks in North America
- Over 207 sq km (51,150 sq acres)
- Interesting geological area with many plant and animal species
- Experience the world’s highest tides, walk on the seafloor
- Over 120 km of hiking and biking trails on 25 trails
- More than 25 small and large waterfalls within the park
- Excellent canoeing and kayak opportunities
- Many camping options—three campgrounds with 569 sites, plus rustic cabins, yurts, oTENTik, and back country options
- Biosphere Reserve
- Dark Sky Preserve
- Major expansion underway for astronomy/stargazing events
- Free camping and entry fees for 2017
Maps (click to view)~
Fundy Park StarGaze 2017 Information~
A major expansion is now underway by Parks Canada to accommodate stargazers in a special section of the Park. It promises to be one of the best setups in a National Park east of Jasper National Park. In 2016 over 1000 members of the public visited the Fundy Star Party. The 2017 Fundy Park StarGaze promises to be a major event.
How to attend:
If you do not have a telescope~ Just show up, or book your camping weekend if you want to be at the campground during the Stargaze. Construction and improvements are ongoing at the Park. Exact location of the event to be announced.
Location~ We will post the exact location of the StarGaze when we know.
RASC.NB~ Registration and Schedule Fundy StarGaze VII
Parks Canada~ Fundy Park Campground Reservations
Parks Canada Webpage~ 2017 Fundy Park StarGaze (also known as the Fundy Star Party).
Facebook Event~ Will post when created.
General Park Information~
Telephone: (Toll-free)~ 888-773-8888, (Office)~ 506-887-6000
Address: Fundy National Park, 8642 Route 114,
New Brunswick, Canada E4H 4V2
Email~ Fundy National Park
Fundy Park Campground Reservations
Parks Canada Website Tourism New Brunswick Website
Fundy Biosphere Reserve
More Info~ HikingNB Trails Lists Trip Advisor
Nearby: Cape Enrage, the Fundy Trail Parkway, The Hopewell Rocks
Rates: Free for 2017
Dates: Open Year-Round
Some photos of past star parties at Fundy~
CBC Episode The Night Sky from Land and Sea
Above~ Click to watch the CBC Land and Sea episode The Night Sky featuring our own Fundy Star Party in 2016 and two other Dark Sky Sites in Nova Scotia. Film feature includes interviews with members of RASC.NB and the SJAC. About 22 minutes. Good stuff.